COVID-19 Free Software During Coronavirus Outbreak
HotelFriend is launching a free software program to help hotels overcome the impact caused by the coronavirus
19 March 2020
Today, HotelFriend, a global IT company and provider of software for the travel and hospitality sectors, is launching a free software program to help hotels overcome the severe economic impact on their business caused by the novel coronavirus, as it can be used to reduce personal contact while living in a hotel.
HotelFriend has an effective solution that makes it possible to protect both hotel managers and guests from the virus spreading. With mobile app, all the hotel business processes can be managed remotely, starting from reservations, checking-in and out to guests’ service and food orders.
The company cancels the subscription fee for SaaS for new customers during a COVID-19 quarantine, so you can get it for free.
While it's clear that COVID-19 has deeply impacted the hospitality, HotelFriend team is sure that this moment will pass and is ready to help its customers to get through this.
Coronavirus: self-isolation measures and rules from HotelFriend
Scientists have been planning for a pandemic for decades. Keeping this in mind, they regard self-isolation in many respects as an effective precautionary measure. If you take simple steps to avoid close contact with other people as if it's a seasonal flu virus, you will be protected from coronavirus.
Staying at your hotel or home and self-isolating presents its challenges, but there are things you can do to make it easier, and they are as follows.
- Plan ahead and think about what you need to be able to stay at home or a hotel room.
- Talk to your employer to see if you can work from home during this time.
- Where possible, order everything you need online.
- Keep in touch with friends and family over the phone or the internet, and avoid physical contact with others.
- Continue exercising as it is good for your wellbeing. Look for online classes or courses.
- You can go outside, for a walk, run or ride your bike but ensure to limit your contact with others.
- Minimize the use of public transport, taxis or similar transport methods. You can use your own transport like a car or bike whenever you wish.
- Limit your contact with people and avoid situations where you have face-to-face contact closer than 2 meters for more than 15 minutes.
- You can do gardening if you aren't in close contact with others.
You can stop coronavirus coming in and stop COVID-19 spreading and causing infection by simple yet effective actions. They include washing your hands frequently throughout the day, using hand sanitizer, and minimizing the time you spend in public places.
We understand that it is not always easy to separate ourselves from others when traveling. Still, we should do our best to be protected from COVID-19. You can find some tips on how to stay safe when you are in a hotel.
- When traveling to your hotel, it is better to use personal transport like a car to minimize exposure to others.
- If you need to use public transport (e.g. taxis, ride-hail services, trains, buses, and trams), try to touch rails, buttons, tickets, banknotes and coins with just one hand. Keep phones in the other "clean" hand and wash both as soon as you can at your destination. Stay more than 1 meter away from your fellow passengers.
- As much as possible, stay in your hotel and don't go to public places or public gatherings.
- If you are in a hotel, avoid contact with other guests or staff. To get food and necessities for you, use HotelFriend Mobile App as it offers a "contactless" check-in and out, delivery or service order, and payment options. The service comes wherever you desire with no delays, no waiting time, no nerve-wracking. When the app notifies you about a delivery, make sure your orders are left outside your room for you to collect. Thus, you avoid contact with delivery men.
- If you are well, there is no need to wear surgical masks in your hotel room. If you must leave the room, such as to seek medical care, wear a surgical mask. If you don't have a mask, take care to not cough or sneeze on others.
If you are a hotel owner and have been in contact with someone who needs to self-isolate, you should consider the above-mentioned measures and rules as well. Remember that most people who need to self-isolate, including those who have returned from overseas, are still healthy. If they self-isolate properly and use a mobile app for their needs and orders, there should be no risk to you or your future guests.
HotelFriend is a global provider of business software with offices across Europe. The company specializes in R&D in the travel and hospitality sectors, cloud computing, e-commerce, CRM, ERP, and the development of mobile and desktop apps.